Founded in 1998 by Ph.D.s from MIT and Columbia, i-Recall
enables people and enterprises to enrich their communications by making
digital media easy to use and share.
i-Recall was acquired by ActiveGroup in 2001.
• To make digital audio and video as easy to use and share as text.
• To enrich communications by making what people hear and see easy to recall and use.
• To enable anyone to personalize digital media and to make streaming media viral.
• Streaming media - over 115 million unique RealPlayer users have been registered. The active world market for streaming media is estimated by Vision Consultants to be 45 million, where 30 million or one-third of US Internet users now tune into Internet radio.
• Broadband - 50% of corporate America is currently estimated to have broadband access. 50% of US streaming media users are expected to have broadband access by 2002 either at home or in the office.
• Handheld computers and PDAs - Dataquest forecasts that the installed base will increase from 8.2 million in 1998 to 32.5 million in 2003.
• Distance Learning, Education and Enterprise Communication - The $700 billion education and training sector is undergoing dramatic change. IDC estimates that the number of students enrolled in distance learning will increase at a growth rate of 33% from 710,00 in 1998 to 2.23 million by 2002.
• Knowledge Workers: financial analysts, investor relations, lawyers, management consultants, market researchers, journalists.
• Training & Education: higher education, corporate & professional training, distance learning.
• Business Conferences: trade shows, professional associations, conference centers.
• Enterprise Communications: internal communications, marketing & sales, investor relations.
• Conferencing: meetings-at-a-distance, teleconferencing, web collaboration.
• Streaming Media Portals: corporate and consumer sites with media content libraries.
• Websites: with streaming audio and video content.
• Anselm Spoerri, Ph.D. has a 15-year track record as a researcher and entrepreneur. He is an award winning film producer and has a Ph.D. in Information Visualization from MIT.
• Nathaniel Polish, Ph.D. has a 15-year track record as a successful entrepreneur, product designer and manager of technical development. He has a Ph.D. in Computer Speech from Columbia University and is President of Daedalus Technology Group.
• Daniel Magill has been involved in the design, development and promotion of innovative software for the last 15 years. Mr. Magill holds a MPhil in Anthropology from Princeton University.
• Jay Chiat and Screaming Media Inc.
• Robin Neustein, Managing Director,
Goldman Sachs & Co.
• Jacob Goldfield, Managing Director, Goldman Sachs & Co.